A Robot on the Roads of Bangalore

Wondering who this robot is? Well, its me! And want to know why I call myself so? Because I look like one while travelling (don't know about the other times) :-P

I wear a green scarf around my hair, a dark blue helmet on top of it, and finally a greyish silver jacket. Can you imagine it? Well, its ridiculous. But I can't help it. The dust and wind compels me to make a foolish appearance of myself. Anyhow I reach office and home well protected from the polluted, dusty air. There was a time when I thought that I would never wear a helmet because I disliked it. So when there was a rule forcing two-wheeler riders to wear a helmet, I was totally against it. But now being in Bangalore, even if the government repeals the law, I am going to continue wearing the helmet. :-D

And as you all know its safe to wear the helmet also. The last time I fell, I was lucky to have been wearing the helmet because I fell face down on the road. And could hear the helmet banging hardly on the tarred surface. Just can't imagine what would have happened if I hadn't worn it that day!

So if you find a robot on the roads of Bangalore, don't wonder, its me!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Not a robot! Its a terrorist! I have seen girls like this in hundreds in Ahmedabad. Will write about it soon!

Resmi... said...

@ Rockus: No,don't call me that! I don't tie the scarf onto my face... :-P Yeah, going towards the north you can see girls coming out fully covered - scarfs, gloves which stretch till the upper arm, goggles and so on.

RAJI MUTHUKRISHNAN said...

It was good that you wore the helmet that day.
.....Good idea to be protected against dust, too.

Resmi... said...

@ Raji: Yeah, sometimes I do wonder what would have happened, hadn't I worn the helmet that day! Perhaps I wouldn't be blogging anymore... ;-)